Lakewood’s historic downtown district runs through heart of the city, encompassing Detroit Avenue form Bunts to Arthur and surrounding sections of Warren Road. This thriving commercial corridor is home to nearly 100 businesses, many of which are independent and locally-owned, as well as 30 dining establishments.
Downtown Lakewood represents one of Northeast Ohio’s top destinations to live, work, shop, dine, play, and invest. Located just minutes from Cleveland, this walkable neighborhood has more than 15,000 residents living within one-half mile of Downtown Lakewood, and significant investments continue to be made to ensure the district’s ongoing vibrancy.
Downtown Lakewood’s amenities include city parks, schools, public parking, historic architecture, local institutions like Lakewood Public Library, iconic Lakewood-based businesses like First Federal Lakewood and the Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center.
Downtown Lakewood MapDowntown-Lakewood-Map-FINAL-web-version
Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance
The Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance (DLBA) is a merchant association of Lakewood Alive committed to ensuring Downtown Lakewood remains one of the region’s top destinations for dining, shopping and entertainment. Founded in 2009, DLBA is comprised of dozens of member’s from throughout the downtown district, including many of Lakewood’s most respected small business owners.
DLBA orchestrates various events each year within the downtown district, including the Lakewood Chocolate Walk, Breakfast with Santa and Small Business Weekend in Downtown Lakewood.
DLBA meets on the first Thursday of each month at 8 a.m. in the LakewoodAlive office, which is located in the INA building beneath Panera Bread at 14701 Detroit Avenue, Lover Level #10, in Downtown Lakewood.
DLBA Member Benefits:
Your voice will be heard
- Get first-hand information. City officials bring ideas to be vetted before DLBA, and keep us updated on developments that are in the works in Lakewood. Vendors present new promotional possibilities available to DLBA members.
- Input into creation and execution of events that bring people to Downtown Lakewood.
- When issues arise, appropriate city officials are invited to DLBA meetings, where they listen and respond to DLBA concerns. Items addressed and resolved include safety, graffiti, benches and their placement, parking, trash cans, trash collection.
- Inclusion in promotional materials.
- Free participation in all Downtown events.
- Promotion through the Downtown Lakewood social platforms.
Education & Camaraderie
- Idea-sharing, networking and cross-promotion opportunities. We’re all in this together, and we learn from each other.
- Access to educational workshop opportunities for merchants and partners.
- Opportunity to participate in the Flower Blossoms Program during the summer months to further beautify the downtown district.
For more information regarding the Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance, please contact Ian Andrews, LakwoodAlive’s Executive Director, at 216-521-0655 or email@example.com.
Downtown Lakewood Development
Downtown Lakewood is a robust place to do business, and the resurgence of the downtown district over the last decade has resulted in millions of dollars in investments in this commercial corridor.
Currently, a transformative project is underway to reimage the corner of Detroit and Belle Avenues. One Lakewood Place will bring a large-scale, mixed-use development to the heart of Downtown Lakewood.
For more information regarding this important development project, please visit the City of Lakewood’s Downtown Development webpage.