Lakewood summer is well under way, which means one thing: One of LakewoodAlive’s outstanding community events is right around the corner.
Lakewood Summer Meltdown 2019 – sponsored by Melt Bar and Grilled and presented by LakewoodAlive – takes place from 4 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, July 13. This amazing event on our city’s calendar draws more than 10,000 attendees to Downtown Lakewood annually for an afternoon and evening jam-packed with seemingly endless activities for one and all.
Although the Summer Meltdown is still weeks away, the excitement for the 10th annual edition of this community event is remarkable. Here are 21 reasons to be excited for Summer Meltdown 2019.
The Street Festival:
1. Thousands of visitors are drawn to the heart of Downtown Lakewood.
2. It’s FREE and family-friendly of course!
3. You can find unique items from 90+ vendors as well as free family fun programs from businesses and nonprofit organizations.
4. Too hot? No worries, there will be the “Water Moose” – a sprinkler park where attendees can cool off.
5. Feeling active? There will be a skateboard park sponsored by West Side Skates, yoga and various exercise demonstrations.
6. The Meltdown was featured in cleveland.com’s “Cleveland Festival Guide 2019” so how could it not be fun?!
7. Hundreds of participants attend each year (REGISTER HERE).
8. Feel like running or walking? Don’t worry, we have the Meltdown 5K race sponsored by Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center and the 1 Mile Family Fun Run and Walk sponsored by Lakewood Family YMCA and Lakewood City Schools Community Recreation & Education Department.
9. FREE T-Shirts for participants! Who doesn’t love that?
10. Accurate race results thanks to chip timing.
11. Flat course which helps produced personal-best race times.
12. An evening race! No need to wake up extra early.
13. The race is set up throughout Lakewood, what an excellent way to tour Lakewood!
14. Hungry? Well of course the Meltdown includes local food vendors from Lakewood, a city renowned for its culinary scene.
15. You get the opportunity to sample items prepared by many of your favorite restaurants. Delicious!
16. From ice cream to BBQ, a wide assortment of options for all.
17. Back again by popular demand: food trucks!
The Gary K. Bish Memorial Beer Garden sponsored by First Federal Lakewood:
18. Live music from a local fan-favorite, Front Porch Lights on the Beer Garden Stage sponsored by The Exchange,
Cleveland Property Management Group and The Ferry Cap and Set Screw Company.
19. One of the summer’s best parties.
20. There will be local craft beer offerings.
21. Being able to celebrate Lakewood summer in the middle of Detroit Avenue.
For more information, please visit LakewoodAlive.org/Meltdown.
The Lakewood Summer Meltdown is generously supported by the following sponsors:
Melt Bar and Grilled
Gold Medal and Beer Garden Sponsor:
First Federal Lakewood
Meltdown 5K Sponsor:
Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center
1 Mile Family Fun Run and Walk Sponsors:
Lakewood Family YMCA
Lakewood City Schools Community Recreation & Education Department
Eric Lowrey, Berkshire Hathaway/Lucien Realty
Silver Medal Sponsors:
Blue Ridge Media Company
The Ferry Cap and Set Screw Company
Lakewood Public Library
Universal Windows Direct
West Side Skates
Bronze Medal Sponsors:
Profile by Sanford
The Lakewood Citizen
Window Universe Cleveland