Photo courtesy of Aerial Agents
Register Now to Participate in this Free Webinar Taking Place from 10 to 11 a.m.
LakewoodAlive announces it will host a free webinar presentation – entitled Unemployment & COVID-19 – on Thursday, May 7 from 10 to 11 a.m. focused on delivering pertinent unemployment-related information to both our small business partners and community residents.
A panel of experts representing Cuyahoga County, Legal Aid Society of Cleveland and Yourkvitch & Dibo, LLC will discuss best practices for navigating unemployment, provide answers to common questions and offer essential information to assist both employees and employers during this unprecedented time. Webinar participants will be able to ask questions during the presentation.
Panelists will offer expertise related to the following topics:
- Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services unemployment process and resources
- Resources available through Cuyahoga County to support small businesses and their employees
- Workers’ rights and unemployment compensation
- Unemployment discrimination – learning more to benefit the employee and the employer
Small business partners and community residents are invited to participate by registering here. Space for attending this webinar is limited, and those interested in participating are urged to register ahead of time. A recording of this presentation will be shared at a later date.
Panelists for this webinar include:
- Michele Pomerantz, Office of County Executive, Armond Budish
Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- Mason Pesek, Staff Attorney
Yourkvitch & Dibo
- Representatives from this Cleveland-based law firm
Unemployment & COVID-19 marks the latest in LakewoodAlive’s ongoing efforts – in partnership with the City of Lakewood and Lakewood Chamber of Commerce – to assist Lakewood’s small business community during this uncertain time. To learn more, please visit our webpage (LakewoodAlive.org/COVID19) devoted to compiling resources for assisting Lakewood small businesses during this crisis.