Submit Your AmeriCorps VISTA Application Today
LakewoodAlive, a community-centered nonprofit organization, is seeking to hire an AmeriCorps VISTA for the upcoming summer.
LakewoodAlive administers a Housing Outreach Program designed to offer a one-stop place for residents, both owner-occupants and renters, to gain access to healthy and safe housing. Through these programs we foster and sustain vibrant neighborhoods, one home at a time.
The VISTA will play an important role with our Housing Outreach Program, assisting the Housing & Internal Operations Director with the Volunteer Project Program, which connects residents in need of critical home repairs and housing code abatement with volunteers seeking to help the community. The selected applicant will also work with our Community Engager and our Lakewood Tool Box Coordinator.
Work with our Housing & Internal Operations Director will include:
- Developing relationships with residents and working with them throughout the project process
- Coordinating volunteer projects so that all parties are aware of the expectations
- Preparing each worksite with necessary supplies
- Occasionally acting as on-site project coordinator
Work with our Community Engager will include:
- Engaging residents through door-to-door communications
- Gathering necessary documentation from clients so that they can apply for all available housing programs that will ensure a healthy and safe environment
- Helping to plan and coordinate community-building events
Work with our Lakewood Tool Box Coordinator will include:
- Working to distribute flyers about the Tool Box
- Signing-up and on-boarding interested low-moderate income families for annual membership with the Lakewood Tool Box
- Connecting new members with our Tool Box Coordinator so that they can learn about the inventory of tools
- Some College
- Demonstrated ability to work in a group setting
- Strong interpersonal skills; highly organized; ability to speak publicly and self-motivated
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Access to personal transportation
- Available to work as needed on evenings and weekends
- Ability to walk various distances and carry up to 25 pounds
- Strong writing skills
Click here to learn more and submit your application.
All applicants must apply through the AmeriCorps VISTA web portal. For questions, please contact Allison Urbanek, Housing & Internal Operations Director, at [email protected] or 216-521-0655.