UPDATE: The application period for this job posting has closed.
LakewoodAlive strives to foster and sustain vibrant neighborhoods through ensuring residents live in healthy, safe, and affordable housing. The Housing Outreach Volunteer Program connects residents in need of critical home repairs and housing code abatement with volunteers (skilled and unskilled) seeking to help the community. The program thereby ensures a healthy and safe home while stabilizing surrounding property values. The VISTA will play an important role in the Volunteer Program by increasing LakewoodAlive’s capacity to serve more residents, more volunteers and strengthen the community’s historic housing stock.
Member Duties – Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop relationship with residents and work with them throughout the project process.
- Contact volunteer groups, determine a point person, and coordinate the project so that all parties are aware of the expectations.
- Prepare each worksite with necessary supplies.
- Occasionally act as on-site project coordinator.
- Engage residents through door-to-door communications.
- Gather documentation from clients so they can apply for all available housing programs that will ensure a healthy and safe environment while elevating their quality of life.
- Work with LakewoodAlive’s Community Engager to help plan and coordinate community-building events like a picnic at Madison Park for our Birdtown residents, as well as Block Parties throughout the neighborhood.
- Work with the Community Engager to share information with our merchant partners in the neighborhood, ensuring they are aware of LakewoodAlive and our services.
- Work with the Lakewood Tool Box Coordinator to market and enroll clients for tool lending.
All applicants must apply through the AmeriCorps VISTA web portal.
For additional questions, please contact Allison Urbanek, Housing & Internal Operations Director, at email@example.com or 216-521-0655.