Lakewood summer is in full swing, and this can only mean one thing: That one of LakewoodAlive’s marquee community events is right around the corner.
Lakewood Summer Meltdown 2018 – sponsored by Melt Bar and Grilled and presented by LakewoodAlive – takes place from 4 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, July 14. This fixture on our city’s event calendar draws more than 10,000 attendees to Downtown Lakewood annually for an afternoon and evening chock-full of seemingly endless recreation and celebration opportunities.
Even though the Summer Meltdown remains days away, the excitement for the ninth annual edition of this community event is already palpable. Here are 20 reasons to be excited for Summer Meltdown 2018:
The Street Festival:
1. Draws thousands of visitors to the heart of Downtown Lakewood.
2. Is family-friendly and free to attend.
3. Features 90+ vendors offering unique items for sale, as well as free and fun family programs from businesses and nonprofit organizations.
4. Includes the “Water Moose” – a sprinkler park affording attendees a fun way to cool off.
5. Offers activities such as a skateboard park sponsored by West Side Skates, yoga and various exercise demonstrations.
6. Draws hundreds of participants each year (REGISTER HERE).
7. Includes both the Meltdown 5K race sponsored by Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center and the 1 Mile Kids Fun Run sponsored by Lakewood Family YMCA.
8. Furnishes participants with a Summer Meltdown runner t-shirt.
9. Incorporates chip timing for obtaining accurate race results.
10. Enables runners to enjoy a fast, flat course that often produces personal-best race times.
11. Affords participants a rare opportunity to race in the evening.
12. Provides an excellent way to tour beautiful Lakewood neighborhoods.
13. Includes local food vendors from Lakewood, a city renowned for its culinary scene.
14. Offers an opportunity to sample items prepared by many of your favorite restaurants.
15. Consists of a wide assortment of options, ranging from ice cream to BBQ.
16. Features a variety of food trucks, back by popular demand.
The Gary K. Bish Memorial Beer Garden sponsored by First Federal Lakewood
17. Includes live music from local fan-favorite band Front Porch Lights.
18. Provides a setting for one of the summer’s best parties.
19. Consists of local craft beer offerings.
20. Affords guests a rare opportunity to celebrate Lakewood summer in the middle of Detroit Avenue.
For more information, please visit LakewoodAlive.org/Meltdown.
The Lakewood Summer Meltdown is generously supported by the following sponsors:
Melt Bar and Grilled
Meltdown 5K Sponsor:
Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center
1 Mile Kids Fun Run Sponsor:
Lakewood Family YMCA
Eric Lowrey, Berkshire Hathaway/Lucien Realty
Silver Medal Sponsors:
The Ferry Cap and Set Screw Company
Jen Hearn Photography
Lakewood City Schools Community Recreation & Education Department
State Farm, Stacey Caskey-Coblentz
West Side Skates