Lakewood summer is in full swing, and this can only mean one thing: That one of LakewoodAlive’s marquee community events is right around the corner.
Lakewood Summer Meltdown 2017 – sponsored by Melt Bar & Grilled and presented by LakewoodAlive – is one month away, taking place from 4 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, July 8. This fixture on our city’s event calendar draws nearly 10,000 attendees to Downtown Lakewood annually for an afternoon and evening chock-full of seemingly endless recreation and celebration opportunities.
Even though the Summer Meltdown remains a month away, the excitement for the eighth annual edition of this community event is already palpable. Here are 20 reasons to be excited for Summer Meltdown 2017:
The Street Festival:
1. Draws thousands of visitors to the heart of Downtown Lakewood.
2. Is family-friendly and free to attend.
3. Features approximately 70 vendors offering unique items for sale, as well as free and fun family programs from businesses and nonprofit organizations.
4. Includes the “Water Moose” – a sprinkler park affording attendees a fun way to cool off.
5. Offers activities such as a skateboard park presented by West Side Skates, yoga and various exercise demonstrations.
6. Draws hundreds of participants each year (REGISTER HERE).
7. Includes both the Meltdown 5K race presented by Cleveland Clinic Lakewood and the 1 Mile Kids Fun Run presented by Lakewood Family YMCA.
8. Furnishes participants with a Summer Meltdown runner t-shirt.
9. Incorporates chip timing for obtaining accurate race results.
10. Enables runners to enjoy a fast, flat course that often produces personal-best race times.
11. Affords participants a rare opportunity to race in the late afternoon.
12. Provides an excellent way to tour beautiful Lakewood neighborhoods.
13. Ends with a party at the Gary K. Bish Memorial Beer Garden presented by First Federal Lakewood.
14. Consists of both local food vendors from Lakewood, a city renowned for its culinary scene, and a variety of food trucks.
15. Offers an opportunity to sample items prepared by many of your favorite restaurants.
16. Includes a wide assortment of delicious options, ranging from ice cream to BBQ.
The Gary K. Bish Memorial Beer Garden presented by First Federal Lakewood
17. Includes live music from local fan-favorite band Front Porch Lights.
18. Provides a setting for one of the summer’s best parties.
19. Consists of local craft beer offerings from Buckeye Brewing Company.
20. Affords guests a rare opportunity to celebrate Lakewood summer in the middle of Detroit Avenue.
For more information, please visit LakewoodAlive.org/Meltdown.
The Lakewood Summer Meltdown is generously supported by the following sponsors:
Melt Bar and Grilled
Meltdown 5K Sponsor:
Cleveland Clinic Lakewood
Beer Garden & Gold Medal Sponsor:
First Federal Lakewood
1 Mile Kids Fun Run Sponsor
Lakewood Family YMCA
Eric Lowrey, Berkshire Hathaway/Lucien Realty
Beer Garden Stage Sponsor:
The Ferry Cap and Set Screw Company