It’s all coming together at 1427 Scenic Street in Lakewood, where builder Dana Paul is a mere weeks away from completing the craftsman-style home construction project he started nearly a year ago.
Paul, owner of Prairie Stone Group, began excavating the site on April 30, 2016, in hopes of converting a vacant lot into a 1,425 square foot single-family house with three bedrooms and two-and-a-half bathrooms. That goal is now on the verge of coming to fruition thanks largely to Paul’s craftsman approach focused on handcrafted quality, natural materials and a keen attention to detail.
The Lakewood-based builder has spent much of the last month fine-tuning details, including installing a quarter-sawn oak bench at the base of the main staircase, creating a mockup of handrails for the staircase and completing trim casing around doors and windows.
“There’s not just light at the end of the tunnel – at this point there’s ridiculously bright light,” said Paul of his progress toward completion.
Upstairs Paul has meticulously designed a master bathroom featuring a walk-in shower, subway tile, heated flooring, Sherwin-Williams Dorian Gray paint and statuary white marble atop a black vanity. The main bathroom mirrors many of these same details.
In the kitchen Hammond copper lights are ready to be hung above the nine-foot-long island that blends the spacious food preparation area with an open-concept downstairs layout. Meanwhile, the backyard now sports an attractive rain chain that ties into the downspout and complements the drainage-friendly landscaping.
The Scenic Park House Project remains on track to be completed in the coming weeks. For more information, visit Prairie Stone Group’s website regarding the Scenic Park House.
With assistance from the City of Lakewood and the Cuyahoga Land Bank, LakewoodAlive has sought to convert this previously-vacant lot in western Lakewood into a new, single-family home. For more information, please reference our previous articles:
- Craftsman Building Style on Display at Scenic Park House
- Extensive Progress with Kitchen, Bathrooms Draws Scenic Park House Closer to Completion
- Hardwood Floors, Landscaping in Place at Scenic Park House
- Change Abounds: Everything Falling into Place at Scenic Park House
- Progress Plentiful at Ever-Changing Scenic Park House
- Construction Update: Milestone Approaching for Scenic Park House
- Past Meets Present Meets Future at Scenic Park House Project
- Construction Update: Flag Flying at Scenic Park House
- Construction Update: Frame Up, Room Layout Underway at Scenic Park House
- Construction Update: Frame Rising at Scenic Park House
- Scenic Park House Project Begins to Take Shape
- Scenic Park House Project Launch Party Celebrates Rebirth of Vacant Lakewood Lot